Thursday , March 28 2024

Community

Head Start Preschool Program accepting applications

Head Start Preschool Program accepting applications

San Bernardino County’s Preschool Services Department (PSD) is now accepting applications for part- and full-day preschool and home visiting services. PSD provides education, resources, socialization, comprehensive services, and support to families with children 5 and younger as well as pregnant mothers. Whether you need help with nutrition, mental health, oral …

Read More »

Tree Service Experts San Bernardino now offering virtual consultations

Tree Service Experts San Bernardino now offering virtual consultations

Tree Service Experts San Bernardino has launched virtual consultation services for property owners.  Through virtual consultations, experienced arborists and tree technicians are able to provide recommendations and provide customers with an individualized plan of action. “We are excited to offer property owners a convenient way to connect with our team …

Read More »

Metrolink offering $1 fare on roundtrips from San Bernardino to Redlands

Metrolink offering $1 fare on roundtrips from San Bernardino to Redlands

Now through March 5, Metrolink, in partnership with the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA), is offering a $1 round-trip fare on the new Arrow service. The $1 tickets will be available on the Metrolink mobile app and on Metrolink ticket machines located at the five Arrow stations. The promotional …

Read More »

Contract awarded for development of toll lanes on I-10 freeway

Contract awarded for development of toll lanes on I-10 freeway

Iteris, Inc. has been awarded a five-year contract from the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) for $2.8 million to support the development of the I-10 Express Lanes. SBCTA’s project proposes to widen the I-10 highway for a stretch of 11 miles between the I-10/I-15 interchange and Pepper Street. One …

Read More »

Snow Valley Mountain Resort gains new ownership

Snow Valley Mountain Resort gains new ownership

Snow Valley Mountain Resort is under new ownership. Purchased by Alterra Mountain Company,  Snow Valley joins Big Bear Mountain Resort, including Bear Mountain and Snow Summit, in its portfolio of mountains in Southern California. “The acquisition of Snow Valley Mountain Resort is a continuation of our ongoing mission to build …

Read More »

San Bernardino Symphony to open 94th season February 18

Student showcase returns to California Theater

The San Bernardino Symphony Orchestra will open their 94th concert season on Saturday, February 18, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. with “Mozart, Simon, and Shostakovich.” To be performed at the historic California Theatre of the Performing Arts, the concert will include three different, but related pieces of music representing three distinct …

Read More »

Free VITA tax services available for eligible county residents

Free VITA tax services available for eligible county residents

Beginning Jan. 23, the County Transitional Assistance Department is partnering with the IRS to provide free tax preparation and e-filing services to eligible low- to moderate-income taxpayers throughout San Bernardino County. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)/Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) program provides free services to eligible individuals and families …

Read More »

San Bernardino Police Department DUI checkpoint on Friday

The San Bernardino Police Department will be conducting a driving under the influence (DUI) checkpoint this Friday, January 20th from 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. at an undisclosed location. “Impaired drivers put others on the road at significant risk,” Sgt. Jeff Harvey said. “Any prevention measures that reduce the number …

Read More »

Old West Days returns to San Bernardino County Museum

Old West Days returns to San Bernardino County Museum

County residents are invited to uncover the history of America’s western frontier during the Old West Days on January 14 & 15 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m at the San Bernardino County Museum. Visitors can expect card games, live music, frontier arts & crafts, historic demonstrations, tasty treats and …

Read More »

Sunline Transit offering one dollar rides from San Bernardino to Indio

Sunline Transit offering one dollar rides from San Bernardino to Indio

SunLine Transit Agency recently announced a $1 fare promotion for its 10 Commuter Link service on certain trips between San Bernardino and Indio. The $1 fare promotion is available now through May 2023 on two eastbound trips and two westbound trips. The discounted eastbound trips leave the San Bernardino Transit …

Read More »