The San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) announced starting in late-February 2023, crews will begin a series of six 55-hour full-freeway closures on State Route 210 as part of the SR 210 Lane Addition and Base Line Interchange Project.
The closures will be done one direction at a time over select weekends to perform paving operations on eastbound (EB) and westbound (WB) SR 210 at the on- and off-ramp junctures of the San Bernardino Avenue interchange.
The closures will take place during weekends from 10:00 p.m. on Fridays to 5:00 a.m. the following Mondays.
EB SR 210 Full-Freeway Closures
- EB SR 210 will be closed from 5th Street/Greenspot Road to the I-10 connectors.
- During EB closures, motorists will not have access to San Bernardino Avenue on- and off-ramps as well as the connectors to the I-10 freeway.
- Motorists will be directed to exit 5th Street/Greenspot Road and use Alabama Street to access San Bernardino Avenue and EB/WB I-10.
WB SR 210 Full-Freeway Closures
- WB SR 210 will be closed from the I-10 connectors to 5th Street/Greenspot Road.
- During WB closures, motorists on I-10 will not have access to the EB/WB SR 210, San Bernardino Avenue and 5th Street/Greenspot Road.
- Motorists will be directed to exit I-10 at Alabama Street to access San Bernardino Avenue and 5th Street/Greenspot Road, and enter SR 210 at 5th Street/Greenspot Road.
Drivers in the region will be directed to use I-215 and I-10 as alternate routes during the full-freeway closures.