If you are one of the many people looking to lose a few pounds after the holidays or the weight put on by coronavirus lockdowns, you are giving that New Year’s resolution to get in shape after all one more try, the City of San Bernardino is rolling out some options for you.
The City’s Parks and Recreation Department, as part of the Parks Make Life Better Program has a variety of options individuals or teams can enjoy.
Starting in mid-January leagues for adult co-ed softball, volleyball and five on five basketball will begin. Registration fees for the season in basketball and softball are $150 and there could be additional referee or umpire fees that are split by the players at a nominal cost. The volleyball program also has a drop in fee for players at two dollars.
Dates for winter sports are:
- Winter softball at Encanto Park runs from January 14 through April 1, 2022 from 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Co-Ed volleyball at Norton Gymnasium starts January 12 and continues to March 30, 2022.
- Winter five on five basketball will run Tuesdays (Jan. 11 -Mar. 29) and Thursdays (Jan. 13 -Mar. 31) at Norton Gymnasium or Wednesdays (Jan. 12 -Mar. 30) at Rudy C Hernandez Community Center. All sessions will be from 6:00-10:00 pm.
- Winter flag football begins January 9 through March 27 at the San Gorgonio High School.
- Men’s adult soccer is Tuesdays and Wednesdays from January 18 to June 29 at the Nunez Sports Field.