Wednesday , April 24 2024

Community

Fifty-five hour directional freeway closures begin this weekend

Transportation Authority to conduct full-freeway closures on the 210

Beginning this weekend, construction crews will begin a series of six directional, 55-hour freeway closures on SR 210 as part of the SR 210 Lane Addition and Base Line Interchange Project. These closures will be taken one direction at a time over select weekends. The closures will allow crews to …

Read More »

Arthropolooza: The Ultimate Bugfest Returns to Museums

Arthropolooza: The Ultimate Bugfest Returns to Museums

If creepy crawlies don’t give you the creeps, then maybe Arthropolooza: The Ultimate Bugfest will. This weekend only, February 18-19, 2023 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. celebrate all things creepy, crawly, sticky, prickly, wiggly, yucky, and kind of cute. The day(s) will be filled with festivities that highlight arthropods as well …

Read More »

“Handle with Care” opens at San Bernardino County Museum

San Bernardino County Museum

The San Bernardino County Museum announced a new exhibit called Handle with Care, by local Southern California photo-based artist, Fred Brashear, Jr. The exhibit showcases Fred’s extensive research with the San Bernardino County Museum as well as his travels to Mexico and throughout Southern California. Handle with Care is a …

Read More »

Students K-2 can learn to reduce food waste in annual program

Students K-2 can learn to reduce food waste in annual program

The Goodness in Food, known as (TGIF) is coming back this Spring 2023! Feeding America Riverside | San Bernardino (FARSB) will once again open its doors to engage up to 40 grade K-2 students through interactive lesson plans on reducing food waste and long-term solutions to hunger. With classes beginning …

Read More »

DUI checkpoint nets multiple arrests and citations

The San Bernardino Police Department held a DUI checkpoint last week where several drivers were either arrested or cited for infractions. The DUI checkpoint was held at W. Baseline and Arrowhead Avenue from 6:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Of the 537 vehicles contacted during the checkpoint five drivers were arrested …

Read More »

Banquet Hall Destroyed in Two Alarm Fire

Banquet Hall Destroyed in Two Alarm Fire

The historic Kola Shanah Catering and Banquet Hall in San Bernardino was destroyed in a two alarm fire. San Bernardino County Fire crews were dispatched to a commercial fire at 1746 Mt Vernon, San Bernardino after reports of heavy smoke and fire from a medium-sized vacant commercial property. The banquet …

Read More »

Head Start Preschool Program accepting applications

Head Start Preschool Program accepting applications

San Bernardino County’s Preschool Services Department (PSD) is now accepting applications for part- and full-day preschool and home visiting services. PSD provides education, resources, socialization, comprehensive services, and support to families with children 5 and younger as well as pregnant mothers. Whether you need help with nutrition, mental health, oral …

Read More »

Tree Service Experts San Bernardino now offering virtual consultations

Tree Service Experts San Bernardino now offering virtual consultations

Tree Service Experts San Bernardino has launched virtual consultation services for property owners.  Through virtual consultations, experienced arborists and tree technicians are able to provide recommendations and provide customers with an individualized plan of action. “We are excited to offer property owners a convenient way to connect with our team …

Read More »

Metrolink offering $1 fare on roundtrips from San Bernardino to Redlands

Metrolink offering $1 fare on roundtrips from San Bernardino to Redlands

Now through March 5, Metrolink, in partnership with the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA), is offering a $1 round-trip fare on the new Arrow service. The $1 tickets will be available on the Metrolink mobile app and on Metrolink ticket machines located at the five Arrow stations. The promotional …

Read More »

Contract awarded for development of toll lanes on I-10 freeway

Contract awarded for development of toll lanes on I-10 freeway

Iteris, Inc. has been awarded a five-year contract from the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA) for $2.8 million to support the development of the I-10 Express Lanes. SBCTA’s project proposes to widen the I-10 highway for a stretch of 11 miles between the I-10/I-15 interchange and Pepper Street. One …

Read More »